Thursday, September 25, 2014

Is Anybody Listening?!?!?

If my body could use actual words, it would probably say just that. "Um, Hello? Can you HEAR me?"

Since it can't, it speaks in other ways - like getting sick. And for some reason, this flu has been tough to shake. I am definitely not SICK sick, but my energy levels are so low. I can do short bursts of activity, but then take two days to recover. It's a big change from my previous pace of life, which is a whole lot of 'doing' and not much 'being'. A lot of driving my children to destinations, A lot of visiting with friends, and so on. I think my body has been trying to get my attention, and instead of listening to what it had to say, I was offering quick fixes for its problems. Tired? Have another coffee. Achy? Take a Panadol. Energy flagging? PB&J. 

The problem with that is that eventually, my body decided it would take matters into its own hands. I was gifted with influenza, and I really mean to say 'gifted'. Because I was so sick, I could do almost nothing. I was forced to slow down, to listen to the messages my body was telling me. I gave it what it was crying out for, and slowly, we are walking a road to health. 

Until I'm nutritionally back on my feet, I'm back on my multivitamin, iron tablet, and omega-3. I notice a difference when I'm taking them, and it's worth it. My appetite is still a bit off, so it will fill in the gaps. 

I'm still working on drinking more water. I'm still not buying junk at the shop. Which is good, because the other night I really really wanted it, and we had nothing in the house. 

I'm also resting when I need to. Letting go of the 'do' in favour of the 'be'. 

And I've signed up with a health coaching service, which was a while ago but I think it's 'clicking' now. 

I've started my food/exercise diary again. It works really well for me, so I just need to do it.

And that's about all for today. Which is really quite a lot of progress (actual and mental), so I'm calling it a victory!
xo, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment