Sunday, December 28, 2014

Day One

Up with the sparrows, as the (somewhat modified) expression goes. 

No really, I was up with the sparrows this morning. I saw them on my walk. So I did not talk myself out of the walk. In fact, I sneaked out, and backed the car out of the driveway without turning on the engine. Like a teenager sneaking out at night. Except I'm a grown woman, sneaking out for a bit of exercise and time alone. Well, alone except for the sparrows anyway. After a walk, I went shopping, and got ingredients for tonight's dinner - tofu stir-fry. I've always been mildly curious about tofu. I want to like it, because I'm not a huge meat eater (although I have to say that the lamb at Christmas could convert any herbivore). So we'll see. 

When I got home, breakfast. Today was two eggs, scrambled with a cup of mushrooms and a handful of grape tomatoes. Oh, and coffee- but half the normal amount. It's probably an easy way to cut a few calories, and takes less time to drink than a giant soup bowl/mug of coffee. 

Also different, is a bottle of water with each meal. It helps me to feel full, reducing portion sizes, as well as keeping me hydrated and helping my body to function a bit more smoothly. 

Little changes, but good ones. 

Cheers,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment