Sunday, December 28, 2014

Preemptive Strike

New Year's Day is just around the corner, and with that comes the dreaded Resolution. Guaranteed to be broken or given up by the end of January, am I right?

Not this time. 

I'm going to post some actual numbers. Now numbers are really just numbers, but they give a reference point. So that next December, when I am writing about how I just climbed Mt. Warning, or how freaking amazing I feel, I can look back and see just how far I've come. 

Current weight: 86.8 (this was done in the evening, so may be wildly different first thing in the morning, which is when I plan on doing it normally. Will check in the morning. 

Current waist measurement: 111 cm. Yikes. Considering that the Heart Foundation of Australia says above 88cm is putting my health at high risk, that's pretty confronting. 

Yes, my friends. I'm getting real. Real-er than I was, at any rate. Time to put on my big-girl pants (pun SO NOT INTENDED), and do what I know I need to do. 

Tonight's better choice was to choose a stir-fry instead of a curry, and to skip the rice. It was delicious (Garlic), most of the sauce is left behind in the container, and I feel full. I don't know how to count the calories in it, but I think it's a reasonably healthy option, when put side by side with a creamy red curry, and coconut sticky rice. :)

Tomorrow, I'm going to post some 'before' photos. I want them to be public, so I can remember what 111cm really felt like.  

XO,
Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment